Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome

Hi, I'm Dave, aka Tootall.

I don't know the first thing about blogs, this will be my first. My intent is to have a place to discuss books. Not only mine, well known authors too. No, I won't be discussing Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or any such fantasy stuff. That's not my thing. If you want to discuss it, feel free. My thing is adult fiction. Not xxx stuff, no but things written to be enjoyed by adults. Crime drama, good old whodunits, such as that. My personal favorite authors, among many, are Lawrence Block, Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Strohmeyer, Nora Roberts when she does the AS JD ROBB books, JA Jance, and Aimee and David Thurlo. Dale Brown is a fave in that genre.

So, who are your faves? I also like Dashiel Hammet of Maltese Falcon fame. Micheal Conelly, especially his Harry Bosch series comes to mind too. Really the list would be encyclopedic in length if I could even remember them all.

Want a really fun read? Find any of the Southern Sisters books by Anne George. As you may have guessed by now, I was a voracious reader. Nowadays, I would rather write them than read them.

My first book, tentatively titled Trouble Starts, Pane Follows, will be out after the first of the year. If it sells, there are at least eight more in the series waiting in the wings. The series main character, Ashling Pane, is a beautiful lady that carries a big gun. An ex-FBI agent, she now works freelance. She has her own unique sense of justice. Her justice doesn't necessarily include the law or courts. Mess with her or hers, you might get battered, bruised, or even dead.

The lady does have a soft side, even a romantic side. She will do anything she can to help those who do right by her. There is lots of action, some sex and romance, some humor, even some "cry for happy" moments. I'll post the exact release date when I know when that is. Final editing is being completed, I'll know more later, I hope Its a long process getting it published.

No comments: